Posted on in Calgary
Calgary’s best bars recognized by BBN
7th Annual Calgary BBN Accreditation & Awards Event
Calgary’s best bars, BBN program partners and community stakeholders gathered at Palace Theatre on June 19, 2018, for the 7th Annual Best Bar None Accreditation and Awards event.
This year, 62 bars in nine different categories were recognized for prioritizing staff and patron safety, responsible liquor service, compliance to regulations and being a good neighbour.
Dignitaries from the AGLC, The City of Calgary, Calgary Police Service and Tourism Calgary presented bar operators with their latest accreditation plaques, as well as trophies for the bars who distinguished themselves in each category.
Unlike the People’s Choice Awards, which were chosen via online voting by over 642 Calgarians, the trophy-winning bars are selected by the Best Bar None Steering Committee, which includes representatives from each of the program partners.
The Committee uses information collected from the bars’ assessment visits, as well as data collected from police, fire, health and the AGLC.
Congratulations to all 62 accredited bars, including the trophy winners:
- BEST BAR/LOUNGE – MELROSE CAFE AND BAR AT COWBOYS CASINO
- BEST HOTEL BAR – THE OTHER SIDE SPORTS BAR – HOTEL BLACKFOOT
- BEST RESTAURANT AND BAR – JULIO’S BARRIO KENSINGTON
- BEST SMALL PUB – HUDSONS CANADA’S PUB (CROWFOOT)
- BEST PUB – HUDSONS CANADA’S PUB (DOWNTOWN)
- BEST LARGE PUB – HUDSONS CANADA’S PUB (SHAWNESSY)
- BEST CLUB – COWBOYS DANCE HALL AT COWBOYS CASINO
- BEST CASINO – CENTURY CASINO
- BEST CAMPUS BAR – THE GATEWAY RESTAURANT AND BAR – SAIT